[CLC-Discussion] License Question

RPPTL CLC-Discussion clc-discussion at lists.flabarrpptl.org
Wed Mar 1 19:57:42 PST 2023

Evening all.  I have a license question.  If a sub, let's say an unlicensed underground contractor doing curbs, drains, and asphalt, signs a subcontract with a licensed GC.  Is that sub automatically "covered" by the GC's license such that it does not need its own license to perform that work?  If so, or if not, can someone point me to the statute, rule or regulation that requires that sub to have its own license?  Thank you.

Regards,

Alex Barthet
Board Certified in Construction Law
TheLienZone Construction Law Blog<http://thelienzone.com/>
Biography<https://barthet.com/member/alex-barthet/>

The Barthet Firm
200 S. Biscayne Blvd., Suite 1650
Miami, Florida 33131
305-347-5295 (direct line)
alex at barthet.com<mailto:alex at barthet.com>
www.barthet.com<http://www.barthet.com/>

This electronic communication may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information.  If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized agent of the intended recipient, please delete this communication and notify the sender.  Thank you.