[CLC-Discussion] Contingency Case in Volusia

RPPTL CLC-Discussion clc-discussion at lists.flabarrpptl.org
Tue Jul 25 13:30:11 PDT 2023

CLC Friends,

I briefly represented/advised a very nice family who experience some tornado damage in DeLand (Volusia County) and they were having trouble with their contractor, who is primarily a restoration contractor, but agreed to convert he home from one to two story and make other changes.   The biggest problem at the time was delay moving from demo to construction.   They elected to proceed on their own after promises from the contractor.  They’ve now asked if I know anyone that takes these kinds of cases on contingency because it has turned into a nightmare for them.   My firm simply does not have the capacity for such an endeavor right now.  I can say that I found them to be very nice and reasonable people while I worked with them.   If you, or someone you know takes these kinds of cases on contingency, please let me know.  If you are interested, I edited the email to remove names, but will forward the names of the parties for conflict check purposes upon request.    The property is in DeLand (Volusia County) and the contractor is in Orange County.   The writer of the email is Billy, the adult son of the owner.  The plan was to move in with mom as she ages to help care for her and the home.