[CLC-Discussion] Owner Builder Permit = unlicensed contracting

RPPTL CLC-Discussion clc-discussion at lists.flabarrpptl.org
Mon Apr 24 10:02:09 PDT 2023

Someone at CLI told me about either a recent case with a written opinion, or a case pending with a DCA regarding a holding or potential holding that an owner builder who fails to comply with the requirements of an owner builder permit (as laid out in the sworn statement they have to complete when they apply) is considered to have engaged in the act of unlicensed contracting and/or is liable under 553.84 for violation of the building code.   Anyone remember telling me that or know the case they are talking about?

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D976AC.F9E4BC70]
Robert E. Doan
Board Certified Construction Attorney
Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
231 N. Woodland Blvd.
DeLand, FL 32720
(P) 386-736-7700 | (F) 386-785-1549

Offices In Daytona Beach and DeLand