[CLC-Discussion] Tracking Down Mortgage Servicing Company

RPPTL CLC-Discussion clc-discussion at lists.flabarrpptl.org
Fri Sep 16 13:46:26 PDT 2022

Folks,

This is the type of problem our law school professors told us to pay attention to even though you had no intention of ever practicing in the area of law.  I obviously failed to listen to (I know that will come as shock to those of you who know me) since I am clueless to help a very good contractor client of mine who just called me.

I need advice as to how to track down a new mortgage servicing company.  Seems my client's elderly relative took out a reverse mortgage several years ago.  The relative now needs to draw down more funds but does not know who to contact. The mortgage was assigned to HUD about 5 years ago, and probably reassigned, although I do not see anything in the OR Book showing same occurred. My clients relative has not had any communications from any entity pertaining to the mortgage since notice of the Assignment years ago.  My client has contacted the original mortgage company as well as HUD, but no one has been able to provide him with an answer as to the status of the mortgage or who the servicing company present is.

Short of enlisting the FBI to go seize all HUD documents from its headquarters dealing with reverse mortgages, I am at a loss as to finding out who the servicing company could be given my client, who is a fairly sophisticated executive, has hit a dead end with his efforts to get same from HUD.  Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please just respond to me at my email address below to avoid cluttering our membership emails with this oddity.

Regards,
Robert B. Worman
Robert B. Worman
Worman & Sheffler, P.A.
2600 Lake Lucien Drive
Suite 405
Maitland, Florida 32751
407 843-5353
REMOTE OFFICE DIRECT PHONE 561 336-4982
rworman at wormanlaw.com<mailto:rworman at wormanlaw.com>
www.wormanlaw.com<http://www.wormanlaw.com/>

NOTICE:
THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT TO THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION THAT MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU MUST NOT REVIEW, RETRANSMIT, CONVERT TO HARD COPY, COPY, USE OR DISSEMINATE THIS E-MAIL OR ANY ATTACHMENT TO IT. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY RETURN E-MAIL OR BY TELEPHONE AT 407-843-5353  AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE.  PLEASE NOTE THAT IF THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE CONTAINS A FORWARDED MESSAGE OR IS A REPLY TO A PRIOR MESSAGE, SOME OR ALL OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS MESSAGE OR ANY ATTACHMENTS MAY NOT HAVE BEEN PRODUCED BY WORMAN & SHEFFLER, P.A.
TAX ADVICE DISCLOSURE:  TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH REQUIREMENTS IMPOSED BY THE IRS UNDER CIRCULAR 230, WE INFORM YOU THAT ANY U.S. FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS COMMUNICATION (INCLUDING ANY ATTACHMENTS), UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY STATED, WAS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED, AND CANNOT BE USED, FOR THE PURPOSES OF (1) AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE OR (2) PROMOTING, MARKETING OR RECOMMENDING TO ANOTHER PARTY ANY MATTERS ADDRESSED HEREIN.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THIS LAW FIRM MAY BE ACTING AS A DEBT COLLECTOR AND IS ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT A DEBT.  ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.