[CLC-Discussion] Ohio Regulators' Decision to Allow the Construction Industry Use of Technology to Make the Mechanics Lien Process Easier and More Accessible

RPPTL CLC-Discussion clc-discussion at lists.flabarrpptl.org
Tue Jul 26 06:47:47 PDT 2022

In furtherance of our discussions yesterday the article below states how the State of Ohio is now dealing with Levelset. Our statute requires that they not sign liens to be recorded in Florida but for some reason they are still doing it.

Sincerely,

Barry Kalmanson
500 N. Maitland Avenue
Suite 305
Maitland, Fl. 32751
407-645-4500 x 215

WWW.BARRYKALMANSON.COM

https://www.newswire.com/news/zlien-applauds-ohio-regulators-decision-to-allow-the-construction-13252955
Here is what the article above says about the settlement between ZLien (Levelset’s old name) and Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association:

Pursuant to the settlement, zlien has agreed to require its users to sign generated lien documents themselves rather than appointing zlien to sign for them through a power of attorney, but the overall use and function of zlien’s software is not modified. Further, zlien did not admit that signing a document constitutes the practice of law, and retained the ability to seek a legal determination as to whether signing an affidavit on behalf of a 3rd party, through a power of attorney, does or does not constitute the practice of law.