[CLC-Discussion] Supplier Finance Company Lien Rights

RPPTL CLC-Discussion clc-discussion at lists.flabarrpptl.org
Thu Jan 20 13:15:12 PST 2022

We have a general contractor client whose sub on a project has been something of a nightmare. One of the ways they have been a nightmare, we believe, is that they have engaged a company to buy materials for them.

That company is not the supplier itself, and all indications are that that company is not either a labor provider or subcontractor. Instead, they purchase the materials and allow the sub to pay them back over 120 days rather than having to pay immediately for the materials purchased. Of course, there’s probably some interest in that transaction.

My question: does this finance company have lien rights, assuming they otherwise comply with the notice provisions required by law?

Thanks.

Anthony D.​
 Lehman
Partner
[https://dl.dropbox.com/s/hn1p7c1j6hg95nr/hlpw-logo-e-mail-sig.png]<https://www.hlpwlaw.com/>
Licensed in Georgia, Florida, and Alabama
Florida Bar Board Certified in Construction Law

​
​Hudson Lambert Parrott Walker, LLC<https://www.hlpwlaw.com/>
3575 Piedmont Road
​Suite 850
​Atlanta, GA 30305<https://www.hlpwlaw.com/locations#atlanta>
t:   678-701-2860<tel:678-701-2860>
m: 404-579-9795<tel:404-579-9795>
e:  alehman at hlpwlaw.com<mailto:alehman at hlpwlaw.com>

​hlpwlaw.com<https://www.hlpwlaw.com/>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D80E18.E59EC060]<https://www.hlpwlaw.com/news/for-the-third-consecutive-year-hlpw-ranked-among-elite-in-construction-industry-law-firm-rankings>

​
​***Please update your records to reflect our new firm name and email addresses.***
​
​The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.