[CLC-Discussion] Builder's Risk Insurance, changing owners

RPPTL CLC-Discussion clc-discussion at lists.flabarrpptl.org
Mon Dec 12 07:25:38 PST 2022

I am representing the buyer of a high-end condo unit that is being built-out by the seller. The closing will occur before the work is completed and my client will assume the construction contract and work with the GC after closing. My question is whether the current builders’ risk policy can be transferred to the new owner or whether it will have to be reissued as of closing.

Howard Allen Cohen
Of Counsel
Florida Board Certified Attorney
   Real Estate Law
   Condominium and Planned Development Law

401 East Las Olas Boulevard
Suite 2250
Fort Lauderdale, FL  33301-4251
954 335 1589 (o)
howard.cohen at bipc.com<mailto:howard.cohen at bipc.com>

vCard<http://www.bipc.com/vcard.vcf?id=354> | Bio<http://www.bipc.com/bio?id=COHEN13> | BIPC.com<http://www.bipc.com/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/buchanannews> | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/buchanan-ingersoll-&-rooney-pc>

Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
CONFIDENTIAL/PRIVILEGED INFORMATION: This e-mail message (including any attachments) is a private communication sent by a law firm
and may contain confidential, legally privileged or protected information meant solely for the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, then delete the e-mail and any
attachments from your system.