[CLC-Discussion] Construction Liens and Bonds - CS/SB 622 and HB 473

RPPTL CLC-Discussion clc-discussion at lists.flabarrpptl.org
Thu Feb 25 10:33:23 PST 2021

The use of the term “direct contract” in the proposed legislation is unfortunate as it is a defined term under 713.01(9) and refers only to a contract with an Owner.  I recommend deletion of the term “direct” and replacing it with “a contract”.  Otherwise, the proposed change on its face will only apply to those in privity with the Owner (which is clearly not the intent behind the Bill).

Michael Gibbons
Shareholder
215 N. Eola Dr. | Orlando, FL 32801
D: 407.418.6378 | P: 407.843.4600