[CLC-Discussion] 713.346: Time to let Owners in on the party?

RPPTL CLC-Discussion clc-discussion at lists.flabarrpptl.org
Wed Oct 28 12:59:13 PDT 2020

100% agreed Peter.  Unfortunately, the vast majority of owners aren’t going to an attorney for help in advance, even during the week before Halloween, or if they do, they are going to the general practitioner that is reviewing contracts a little outside his/her lane that don’t know to add those protections.

As for Michael G’s previous comments about 713.345, I’ve had the same experience with the criminal statute.  I tend to think an owner remedy would fit better in 713.346 than 713.345 though, or in it’s own new statute within 713.

[cid:image006.jpg at 01D6AD42.FFC27870]
Robert E. Doan
Board Certified Construction Attorney
Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
231 N. Woodland Blvd.
DeLand, FL 32720
(P) 386-736-7700 | (F) 386-785-1549

Offices In Daytona Beach and DeLand