[CLC-Discussion] Condo Association Standing to Bring Units' Loss of Use Damages

jack at wclfirm.com jack at wclfirm.com
Tue Apr 21 06:24:59 PDT 2020

I do know that you can SUE a condo association as a “class representative” of the effected units if there was an agreement (usually in the docs) between the COA and the unit owners. See
Royal Ambassador Condo. Asso. v. E. Coast Supply Corp., 495 So. 2d 932 (Fla. 4th DCA 1986)

I am not sure if it is reciprocal, however.

Thank you,

Jack

Jack Taylor, Esq.
Associate Attorney

Williams Law Firm
212 W. Bay Ave

Longwood, FL 32750
Telephone: 407-926-4100

 <mailto:gtwlaw at ymail.com> Jack at WCLfirm.com

 <http://www.wclfirm.com/> www.WCLFirm.com

In some circumstances this firm may be deemed a “debt collector” as defined by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and other applicable law. In such a case, this is an attempt to collect a debt. Any communication obtained may be used for that purpose.

Important – Williams Law Firm utilizes spam and junk email filtration applications in its email information systems. These systems may prevent or delay delivery of certain email communications. If you do not receive a response to an email communication within two business days, please contact the intended recipient via phone.

This email message including attachments, if any, is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain attorney-client confidential and/or privileged information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message including attachments.  Thank you.

Pursuant to federal regulations imposed on practitioners who render tax advice ("Circular 230"), we are required to advise you that any tax advice contained herein is not intended or written to be used for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service.  If this advice is or is intended to be used or referred to in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement, the regulations under Circular 230 require that we advise you as follows: (1) this writing is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on a taxpayer; (2) the advice was written to support the promotion or marketing of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed by the written advice; and (3) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.