[CLC-Discussion] 2019 Construction Law Institute and Review Course

Kurian, Sanjay SKURIAN at beckerlawyers.com
Mon Mar 11 08:06:54 PDT 2019

Dear Construction Law Committee Members,

I wanted to thank all of those that attended the 12th Annual Construction Law Institute last weekend at the JW Marriot Grande Lakes in Orlando. There were over 430 attendees including over 300 of our construction practitioners. I hope everyone had a great time and learned something too.

Congratulations to our two award winners this year. Lifetime Achievement Award- Leslie O'Neal. Rising Star - Brad Weiss. Two well deserved awards.

Thanks to Bruce Alexander for so beautifully remembering our colleague Michelle Reddin.

Thanks also to those that made our Women in Construction Law event on Friday such a success: Kimberly Hirschman for organizing the event, Jayne Pittman for speaking, and Carlton Fields for sponsoring.

An event like that is simply not possible without a great deal of help from a great number of people. I would like to thank the following:

CLI Vice-Chairs: Jason Quintero, Bryan Rendzio and Diane Perera

CLI Committee: Trevor Arnold, Fred Dudley, Elizabeth Ferguson, Reese Henderson, Gregg Hutt, Giselle Leonardo, Haley Maple, Deb Mastin, Sean Mickley, Scott Pence, Hardy Roberts, Christina Unkel, Lee Weintraub, Brad Weiss, Cary Wright

Review Course Chairs: Deb Mastin and Mindy Gentile

Review Course Vice Chairs: Elizabeth Ferguson and Gregg Hutt

Florida Bar Staff: Mary Ann Obos and Hilary Stephens

Also a great deal of thanks to our speakers without whom the presentations and materials would not have been possible. Thanks to all of our industry sponsors and law firm sponsors whose commitment allows the CLI to be held at such a great location with such great events.

For those of you who plan ahead the 2020 CLI will be at the JW Marriot Grande Lakes, Orlando.  Date TBD.

Sanjay Kurian
Shareholder
Board Certified in Construction Law
Becker & Poliakoff
Six Mile Corporate Park
12140 Carissa Commerce Court
Suite 200
Ft. Myers, FL 33966
239.628.4905
239.433.5933
SKURIAN at beckerlawyers.com
www.beckerlawyers.com
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow Becker on...
Confidentiality Note: This message may contain privileged and confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any examination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and delete the original message. Thank you.
​