[CLC-Discussion] Assignment of Benefits Matter, Part Two

Alan Lubitz alanhlubitzpa at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 3 06:07:46 PDT 2019

Good morning, colleagues,

It appears that the assignment of insurance benefits matter has morphed
beyond the passage of House Bill 7065 (Florida Statute Section 627.7152),
with all its attendant construction contract drafting problems. Yesterday,
one of my clients, a roofing contractor, advised that it discovered that two
apparently unaffiliated property insurance companies have placed a provision
in their policies that requires its insured property owner to use a
contractor approved by the carrier. Upon further inquiry, my client
determined that the contractor mandated by one of the carriers was a
national company. Of course my thoughts immediately turned negative,
thinking of conspiracy and restraint of trade implications.

Have any of you encountered any of these issues, and if so, do you have any
thoughts and suggestions?

I look forward to your usually inciteful responses and wish all of you a
happy Fourth of July holiday.

Best regards,

Alan

Alan H. Lubitz, Esq.
Law Office of Alan H. Lubitz, P. A.
101 Plaza Real South

Suite 401

Boca Raton, FL 33432
Phone: 561-368-4404

 <mailto:alanhlubitzpa at bellsouth.net> alanhlubitzpa at bellsouth.net

This transmission is intended to be delivered only to the named
addressee(s). This email may contain information that is confidential,
proprietary, attorney work-product or attorney-client privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, nor the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination or copying of this transmission (including any attachments) is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender by email reply.