[CLC-Discussion] "Handyman"

Weintraub, Lee lweintraub at bplegal.com
Mon Nov 20 12:54:19 PST 2017

Yes, he or she would have lien rights.  If he/she doesn’t supply materials, he/she would be a laborer.  If he/she also supplies materials, he/she would be a contractor.  See 713.01(8), (16) and (18).  If in privity with the owner, then 713.05 is your statute.

Lee A. Weintraub
Shareholder
Board Certified in Construction Law
Chair, Public Private Partnerships Practice Group
Vice Chair, Construction Law and Litigation Practice Group

1 East Broward Blvd., Suite 1800 | Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Tel: 954.985.4147 | Fax: 954.985.4176 | E-Mail<mailto:lweintraub at bplegal.com>
Website<http://www.bplegal.com> | Connect on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lee-weintraub/1b/a0b/813> | Follow Me on Twitter<http://twitter.com/leeweintraub>
[www.bplegal.com]<www.bplegal.com>
[www.bplegal.com/rss.aspx]<www.bplegal.com/rss.aspx> [twitter.com/BeckerPoliakoff] <twitter.com/BeckerPoliakoff>  [www.youtube.com/user/bplawfirm/videos] <www.youtube.com/user/bplawfirm/videos>  [www.linkedin.com/company/becker-&-poliakoff-p.a.] <www.linkedin.com/company/becker-&-poliakoff-p.a.>  [www.facebook.com/beckerpoliakoff] <www.facebook.com/beckerpoliakoff>

The Becker & Poliakoff Client CARE Center is here to serve our valued clients. If we can be of assistance in any way, please call us toll-free at 1-844-CAREBP1 (1-844-227-3271) or by email at care at bplegal.com<mailto:care at bplegal.com>.