[CLC-Discussion] Lien for Interior Design Services

Jason Katz jason at jkatzlaw.com
Thu Jul 20 13:42:44 PDT 2017

Pardon the interruption.  Has anyone ever put a lien on furniture on behalf of an interior designer?

Section 713.79 provides: ”Liens for interior design services.—Any person who, as part of his or her services performed as an interior designer, furnishes any articles of furniture, including, but not limited to, desks, tables, lamps, area rugs, wall hangings, photographs, paintings or other works of art, or any items of furnishing, subject to compliance with and the limitations imposed by this part, shall have a lien upon all such articles furnished and upon all such articles manufactured or converted from such furnishing, provided that the same shall be tangible personal property and provided further that such furnishings are rendered in accordance with a written contract and under direct contract with the owner.”

I understand the lien rights, I just cannot tell how you perfect these lien rights.  Is there something to file or a notice to provide to the owner.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jason Katz

Board Certified Construction Attorney
Jason D. Katz, P.A.