[CLC-Discussion] 57.105(1) Question - If a motion subject to a 57.105 notice is ruled upon (denied) within the 21 day safe harbor period, does such ruling negate the requirement to withdraw the subject motion under 57.105(4)?

RONALD KAUFMAN rek at reklawfirm.com
Fri Apr 14 06:32:46 PDT 2017

The Judge, in ruling on the Motion, did not find the Motion frivolous or
award attorney fees (and the opposition noted that a 57.105 notice was
served in connection with the Motion in its response filed in opposition to
the Motion and the 57.105 notice was mentioned during oral argument at
hearing).  Current status is that the opposition filed its 57.105 motion
(post order denying the Motion).

My initial thought was since Judge did not award fees (own initiative) or
even deem motion frivolous (for future ruling pursuant to the 57.105
notice/motion which the Court was on notice of) at hearing on the Motion
that the 57.105 motion is moot.

That said and for argument's sake, would setting a frivolous motion subject
to a 57.105 notice for hearing and having the motion ruled upon within the
21 day safe harbor period be a viable way to avoid the ramifications
thereof?  Or does having a frivolous motion heard within the safe harbor
period result in a waiver of the safe harbor period?

Thank you all!

Sincerely,

Ronald E. Kaufman, Esq.

*Board Certified Construction AttorneyCertified Circuit Civil Mediator*

Law Offices of Ronald E. Kaufman, P.A.
3399 Ponce De Leon Boulevard, suite 202
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Main Telephone: (305) 444-1500
Facsimile: (305) 675-3327
Email: rek at reklawfirm.com <rekesq at gmail.com>
Website: www.miamiconstructionattorney.info

*Pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act you are hereby advised
that portion of our practice involves the collections of debts and any
information obtained may be used for that purpose.*

*NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:*
The information contained in this mail is intended for the use of the
intended recipient only and may be confidential and attorney privileged. If
that is not you stop reading, do not distribute or copy this mail, rather
advise me of your receipt, in writing.
*CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:*
Unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in
this transmittal, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be
used, by any person for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the
U.S. Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or matter addressed in this e-mail or
attachment.