[CLC-Discussion] Lien Transfer Bonds

Jeffrey Price jeff at npw-law.com
Wed Oct 5 09:01:49 PDT 2016

Has anyone else had problems retrieving their client's money from the clerk of the court after posting cash for lien transfers?

We have two cases where cash was posted and the transfer bonds issued by the clerk.
Notice of Contest goes out and the Lienor fails to respond.
The lien is dismissed by the Court. And then we ask for the money back and they say, "Money? Oh, we sent that to Rick Scott. It's in Tallahassee."

On one, in the dismissal of the lien we even had the Judge Order the Clerk of the Court to return the funds - and we still got the run around.

Jeffrey L. Price, Esq.
Florida Bar Board Certified - Construction Law
Florida Civil-law Notary
Niesen|Price|Worthy|Campo, PA
5216 SW 91st Drive  Gainesville, FL 32608
Ph (352) 373-9031   Fax (352) 373-9099
http://npw-law.com<http://npw-law.com/>

[npw-logo-circle-orange-medium][ConstructionLaw small logo]    [http://www.boyd-jenerette.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/nacln12.gif]                          This communication is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify me by telephone, delete this communication, and destroy any copies of it.  Thank you.