[CLC-Discussion] FW: Daubert standard

Pence, Scott spence at carltonfields.com
Tue Nov 15 07:52:18 PST 2016

Sent on behalf of Susan Spurgeon:

My research tells me the 1st DCA is using the Daubert standard in cases where no party asserts that the adoption of § 90.702 is an unconstitutional attempt to legislate procedure.  I also found several websites announcing that the Florida Supreme Court was to 'hold oral argument on adding the Daubert standard to the Civil Rules' in October.  I can't find anything to substantiate that.  (I'm aware of the recommendation of the Big Bar against Daubert)

Can anyone tell me the latest in whether we can argue Daubert standards to exclude expert testimony?

Susan K. Spurgeon
Attorney At Law

2701 N. Rocky Point Dr., Ste 900
Tampa, FL 33607