[CLC-Discussion] Unlicensed Contracting Liability

Fred Dudley dudley at mylicenselaw.com
Tue Sep 16 07:05:37 PDT 2014

While I obviously can't speak for CILB, from my experience in such matters I suspect they would treat this as "practicing beyond the scope of license," rather than ULP. Of course, I'm not sure a CBC can't remove soffit and fascia, but I believe the drip cap itself IS part of the roofing (which a CBC can't work on, unless it's shingles on a NEW building or addition that the same contractor constructed) and that the fascia may not be removable with removal of the drip cap as well).

Fred R. Dudley, Partner
Board Certified Construction Lawyer
Dudley, Sellers & Healy, P. L.
SunTrust Financial Center, Suite 301