[CLC-Discussion] FW: Foreclosure of construction liens in Palm Beach County

Jeff Price jeff at npw-law.com
Sat Mar 29 08:08:45 PDT 2014

Hint from Clerk of Court and from a Chief Judge of a Judicial Circuit on
construction lien foreclosure actions.

NOBODY (not the judge, not the clerk) wants a construction lien in regular
foreclosure court. It screws up the bookkeeping and messes with their
numbers. A construction lien gets folded into regular homeowner foreclosures
because the person filling out the cover sheet checks the foreclosure box.
Or, they title the pleading "Foreclosure ..." the key being that the first
word a junior clerk sees is "Foreclosure" Don't do that. Make the first word
"Construction" or "Action on Construction Lien: Foreclosure"  anything but
foreclosure at the start. Then do not check the foreclosure box on the cover
sheet. I was told the problem lies equally with our legal assistants who
file the paperwork for us. We have to clue them in.

Jeffrey L. Price, Esq.
Florida Bar Board Certified - Construction Law

Niesen|Price|Worthy|Campo, PA
5216 SW 91st Drive  Gainesville, FL 32608
Ph (352) 373-9031   Fax (352) 373-9099

http://npw-law.com <http://npw-law.com/>

ConstructionLaw small logo               NPW_Logo_Fluted_Thumb (1)
ConstructionLaw small logo

This communication is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader
of this communication is not the intended recipient, employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify me by telephone, delete
this communication, and destroy any copies of it.  Thank you.