[CLC-Discussion] Rejection of PE drawings by non-PE plans examiner

Mark Young myoung at younglaw.info
Tue Jun 3 09:34:13 PDT 2014

This Rule is intended to prevent tragedies, such as the Kansas City Hyatt
Regency skyway collapse, where the contractor modified supports for the
skyways to make the design easier to construct.  The structural engineer was
not consulted about the change.  The change tripled the load on the
supports, which failed during a concert … killing 114 people and injuring
219.

Mark Young, Esq.