[CLC-Discussion] AAA fast track arbitration question

Erum Kistemaker ekistemaker at e-kbusinesslaw.com
Tue Jul 1 19:00:39 PDT 2014

Good afternoon,

I am wondering if anybody has had experience with joining a party to a Fast Track AAA Arbitration.  The situation I am facing is that I represent a builder.  The arbitration was initiated by a homeowner.  It was placed on Fast Track due to the fact that the claim is for less than $75,000.00.  I want to add the home warranty company as a party to the arbitration, which was objected to by counsel for the homeowner.  An arbitrator has been assigned to decide whether to add the home warranty company and a telephonic conference on this issue has been set.

My questions are: 1) is there a specific standard that the arbitrator has to follow in order to make his decision on the joinder issue?  2) is there a possibility that the addition of the home warranty company to the arbitration will kick the arbitration out of Fast Track and into Regular Track proceedings?

Any information is appreciated.

[ESK SIGNATURE]

Erum S. Kistemaker, Esq.

[cid:image011.png at 01CF8709.1AFEB7F0]
Erum S. Kistemaker, Esquire

Kistemaker Business Law Group
Sent by my I Phone - please excuse any errors.