[CLC-Discussion] Dispostion of Funds Held In Trust Account

Charles B. Hernicz, Esq CHernicz at herniczlegal.com
Thu Sep 26 13:19:23 PDT 2013

Thanks Arnie; that was the same conclusion I had reached, and the feedback
from the ethics hotline confirmed that would be an appropriate course of
action.  Stuart Sakwa also recommended that I ask about transferring the
funds to an interest-bearing account.  Since that issue turns on whether the
funds are "nominal or short term," and "whether a client's or third person's
funds are nominal or short term shall rest in the sound judgment of the
lawyer or law firm," with the aide of the ethics hotline, I have determined,
in my sound and reasonable judgment, that these funds are neither short nor
nominal and should be transferred to an interest-bearing account.

Thanks for the advice and feedback!

Chuck

Charles B. Hernicz, Esq.
Board Certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar
Hernicz Legal Services, P.L.
15854 Bent Creek Road
Wellington, FL 33414
Telephone: (561) 753-7511