[CLC-Discussion] GC Qualifier Liability

Tracy Wenzel wenzel at jax-law.com
Tue May 21 12:31:18 PDT 2013

I represent a licensed General Contractor.  For a period of time, my client was the qualifier for a Company other than the one he ran day to day.  During the time that he was the qualifier, the Company had a judgment entered against it for unpaid supplies.  The judgment creditor filed a complaint with the DBPR against my client for the unpaid judgment.  My client originally contacted the individual who ran the now defunct Company day to day and he promised to file bankruptcy for the Company, but he never did and now my client has not been able to reach the individual.    My client is not an officer of the Company and thus, I do not believe he can file bankruptcy on behalf of the Company himself.  Any suggestions on how to deal with the DBPR for this situation would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Tracy L. Wenzel, Esquire
AV* Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain confidential information that is legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply e-mail or by telephone at (904) 355-7000 and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.  Thank you.

*AV is a registered certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures,  standards and policies.
AV is the highest possible rating available for legal ability and ethical standards from Martindale-Hubbell, the facilitator of a peer review rating process
Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary.