[CLC-Discussion] Need home inspector that is also GC or PE for DeLand

Paul Ppacchianaesq ppacchianaesq at aol.com
Fri Jun 28 04:33:55 PDT 2013

A client came to me who had just purchased a house with FHA financing. He had an inspection done but not a termite inspection. After closing it was discovered that the house is unlivable due to excessive termite damage- the walls are about to fall down. I  know inspectors say they are not liable for termite damage, but there was clear evidence all over the place- droppings, eaten away baseboard molding. The walls move by simply touching them. Shouldn't he at least have mentioned termites and the need for a termite inspection? House is in southwest florida. Apparently bank did not require a termite inspection. Nor did the FHA.

Sent from my iPad