[CLC-Discussion] Discussion item

Bruce Partington bparting at cphlaw.com
Tue Aug 20 08:32:44 PDT 2013

Not necessarily.  You could sue a GC for a code violation of a
subcontractor since the GC is legally responsible for the work meeting
code.  This would particularly be true if the code violation is by a sub
in an unlicensed trade because they couldn't be sued under 553.84 anyway
(there are a couple of cases on that issue out there but I don't recall
the names).  In that event, I think the GC could assert a common law
indemnity claim against the sub.  Might be tougher if the sub is in a
licensed trade.

Bruce D. Partington

Clark Partington

bpartington at cphlaw.com <mailto:bpartington at cphlaw.com>

Direct: 850-432-1399

Fax: 850-432-7340

*Board Certified in Construction Law

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are private
communication sent by the law firm of Clark Partington Hart Larry Bond &
Stackhouse, and may contain confidential, legally privileged information
meant solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
Please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, and
delete the e-mail and any attachments from your system. Thank you.