[CLC-Discussion] BANKRUPTCY QUESTION-Collection of detor's accounts receivables by Trustee

TJ Frasier tj at npw-law.com
Wed Oct 3 08:05:01 PDT 2012

Yes, the bankruptcy trustee can sue in bankruptcy court in California against a Florida entity if the cause of action is bankruptcy based.  Usually, the trustees use the turnover authority granted in 11 U.S.C. § 542 as the basis for the action.  I have argued against in personam jurisdiction.  There is a mix of law throughout the U.S. on the issue.  I have also challenged venue for such actions with mixed results.  Needless to say, the Ninth Circuit's case law may differ from these parts.  Please feel free to call to discuss the specifics.

T.J. Frasier
Attorney at Law
Florida Board Certified - Construction Law
Old- timey bankruptcy lawyer
Niesen Price Worthy Campo Frasier & Blakey, P.A.
5216 SW 91 Drive
Gainesville, FL 32608
(352)373-9031
(352)373-9099 FAX

This communication is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify me by telephone, delete this communication, and destroy any copies of it. Thank you.