[CLC-Discussion] BANKRUPTCY QUESTION-Collection of detor's accounts receivables by Trustee

Tracye Tracye at solovelawfirm.com
Tue Oct 2 14:04:16 PDT 2012

Does anyone know if a duly appointed trustee in a BK pending in
California can bring an action in California against a Florida entity
for collection of an open account?  Debtor filed in California, after
shipping to a Florida entity.

I recall some discussion in a seminar that seemed to indicate that the
action could be commenced in California (against a Florida entity) if
the amount owed to the debtor in BK met some threshold $$ requirement.
Unfortunately, I can't remember the specifics.

Any help will be appreciated.

Tracye K. Solove, Attorney at Law

Certified Civil Circuit Mediator

Tracye at solovelawfirm.com

Kendallwood Office Park One

12002 Southwest 128th Court

Suite 201

Miami, Florida  33186

Phone: (305) 612-0800

Facsimile: (305) 612-0801

http://www.solovelawfirm.com <http://www.solovelawfirm.com/>

Providing Statewide Legal Services in the areas of Commercial
Collections and Recovery, Creditors' Rights, Commercial Landlord/Tenant
and Real Estate Foreclosures

This transmission is intended to be delivered only to the named
addressee(s) and may contain information which is confidential,
proprietary, attorney work-product or attorney-client privileged. If
this notification is received by anyone other than the intended
recipient(s), the recipient(s) should immediately notify the undersigned
by E-MAIL and by telephone and obtain instructions as to the disposal of
the transmitted material. In no event shall this material be read, used,
copied, reproduced, stored or retained by anyone other than the intended
recipient(s) except with the express written consent of the sender.
Thank you.