[CLC-Discussion] question re: supplier furnishing materials to fabricator's warehouse

Robert E. Doan robert at lawgainesville.com
Thu May 31 14:42:09 PDT 2012

I have looked at an almost identical situation for a client at length awhile back.  I believe my conclusion was that you cannot do anything to preserver lien rights that cannot, by statute, exist in the first place.  We revised their contract/purchase order terms to create other ways to secure payment.

One option we explored was creating an LLC that bascially incorporated the entire supply chain from raw material to finished product which could be shipped directly to job sites, thus qualifying that entity as a material supplier.  This obviously only works where the relevant entities do enough business together to make this make sense.

Robert E. Doan
Board Certified Construction Attorney
Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
Silverman, Vorhis & Doan
311 NE 1st Street
Gainesville, FL 32601
PH: 352-337-8373
Fax: 352-505-6188
Email: robert at lawgainesville.com
[cid:image002.gif at 01CD3F54.B3504F40]
**This communication is intended for the sole use of the individual to whom
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of the
communication is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent for
delivering the communication to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication may be strictly prohibited.  If you receive this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone call.  Thank
you.