[CLC-Discussion] Request for mediation experiences

Larry Leiby Leiby at mkpalaw.com
Fri Jul 20 12:29:16 PDT 2012

The Broward County Bar Association and JAMS are co-sponsoring a seminar  October 5, 2012 on "Effectively Representing Your Client in Mediation."  This will be a panel discussion for three 50 minute hours on the topic, followed by a one hour discussion on mediator ethics.  We have 7 panelists -  four mediators, a commercial plaintiff's trial lawyer, a civil defense lawyer, and a manager of claims for a large hospital group (end user).  We have Fran Tetunic, who serves on the STATE COMMITTEE ON ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION RULES AND POLICY to lead the ethics session.

So why am I sending you what appears to be a shameless plug for a seminar (which is not actually the seminar announcement), particularly if you are not near Broward County?  There is a reason.

We seek your input on any remarkable experiences that you may know of that we can address in the seminar.  These could be a remarkably good practice, a remarkably bad practice, or an ethical issue that you have experienced or is of interest to you.  We have a number of issues to address BUT WE WANT MORE.  You are out there in the trenches of mediation (as are our speakers) but we seek the vast input of more than just the speakers.  Please share.

If you can relate any such remarkable experiences please send  to lleiby at jamsadr.com<mailto:lleiby at jamsadr.com>  (not a reply to the entire listserv). It will be appreciated and you will enjoy endless blessings throughout your life .  (Actually, no guaranty on that last part.)

Sorry for the intrusion and thanks in advance for your responses.

Larry R. Leiby, Esq.
Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators

JAMS Global Engineering and Construction Group
600 Brickell Avenue, Suite 2600
Miami, FL  33131

Phone: 954-895-9198
Fax:      305-371-5288